Job ID # : 4015 Location: Worcester, MA
Functional Area : Systems Engineering SBU: 85600 - Hanover Technology Group
Position Type : Full - Time
Education Required : Bachelors Degree
Experience Required : 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided : No
The Hanover Insurance Group has an immediate opening for a Linux/Unix Engineer to join our IT organization at our Corporate Headquarters located in Worcester, MA.
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions.
The Linux Engineer will be responsible for maintaining all components of a Red Hat Linux Environment. These responsibilities include the following:
- Install, Upgrade, Configure and Patch OS (RedHat Linux and VMWare ESX)
- Upgrade Physical and Virtual Server Hardware
- Configure Large DB Server Storage - Veritas VM & RH LVM
- Install Third party products
- Provide Tier3 problem solving and debugging (Including HP Hardware and RedHat OS)
- Implement Server Backup/Recovery Methods (e.g. IBMTSM and Global Mirror)
- Server Capacity and System Performance Monitoring
- 7X24 on-call (Tier3) support on a rotating basis
- Plan, Schedule and Coordinate System Changes
- Develop and Document Implementation, Recovery and OPS Support Procedures
- Participate in Developing, Planning and Executing DR procedures (bi-annual test)
- Partner with Business Users, Architects, Developers and Testers to recommend application infrastructures and understand system design
- Technical consulting on the use and integration of Unix/Linux Environment
Technical Skills and Tools required include the following:
Apply today and discover:
- RedHat Linux (4, 5 and 6)
- Sun Solaris (8 –10)
- RedHat Cluster, LVM, Multipath and Satellite Server
- VMWare ESX Virtualization Server (V4 and V5)
- Veritas Volume Manage and File System
- SAN Attached Storage (Emulex and Qlogic HBA)
- IBM TWS (Tivoli Workload Scheduler) a plus
- IBMTSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) Backup (5.5 and 6.3)
- HP Hardware (Including DL360, DL380, DL580 and C7000 Blade)
- Good Communication Skills and Customer Service
- 3+ Years Information Systems experience
…what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!!
- Why, in 2010 and 2011, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Places to Work and by Business Insurance as a Best Places to Work.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers.
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team :
Have you ever considered working Worcester, MA? Worcester is centrally located and affords an easy commute from locations throughout New England. Hanover Insurance is easily accessible off of I-290 from Cities and Communities such as: Lowell, Framingham, Leominster, Attleboro, Franklin, Newton, Milford, Marlborough, Amherst, Springfield and Longmeadow in MA. Hartford, Windsor, Enfield, Manchester, Glastonbury, Colchester, Willimantic and Norwich in CT. Providence, Cranston and Woonsocket in RI and The Nashua area in NH...and many more.
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous "Time Off With Pay"
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London and their affiliates.
The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of independent agents across the U.S., and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for nearly 160 years. The company is ranked among the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the country and maintains excellent ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The Hanover Insurance Group - 13 months ago