This position is responsible for the support and management of the Environment Teams and all QA and Development environments. The Environments Team Leader will ensure that appropriate tools, techniques, standards and resources are being utilized to meet client needs. This individual will interface directly with multiple teams and departments and must be able to foster good communication, interpersonal relations, and the exchange of information. The individual must demonstrate exceptional initiative and organizational skills in order to manage the multiple priorities and wide variety of administrative responsibilities of this position. This individual will also foster cross training of the team and continue to develop each individual to achieve their highest potential.
Manage and give guidance to direct reports
Serve as an escalation point for complex problems and conflicts.
Plan and conduct regular team meetings.
Select, train, motivate, and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline within company guidelines.
Conducts and writes quarterly reviews that will be co-administered with the IT Server Infrastructure Group Leader.
Conducting ticket review for team members to ensure proper escalation and troubleshooting is being performed based on the ticket evaluation criteria.
Gather daily status reports from direct reports and submit a daily status report to the IT Server Group Leader.
Assist with developing PNP materials such as manuals, implementation documentation, verify that policies and procedures are being followed.
Demonstrate the ability to be resourceful, including knowing how to adapt to changing and ambiguous circumstances, think strategically under pressure, work effectively with Senior Management while dealing with the complexities of the organization.
Assist direct reports with career path and development
Serve as Backlog Owner & Scrum Master of the IT Environment Scrum teams
Develop and maintain standards, processes and procedures to maintain consistent practices.
Recommend, develop and maintain the tools necessary for the successful support of the environment by the team.
Proactively seek out and implement efforts that continuously improve test environments and related process to enable QA to deliver quality systems in a timely and efficient manner.
Follow system development lifecycle methodology.
Maintain roadmaps for environment technologies
Other duties as requested or assigned.
Education and/or Certifications:
Technical skills and abilities:
- Four-Year degree or equivalent job experience
- Continued training and study in Technology and Business Leadership
- 10+ years in a large sized distributed system environment, supporting multiple platforms, applications and servers in QA and Development environments.
- Solid project management skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects/responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5 years managing technical staff and ability to motivate and work with technical staff at all levels of the organization across multiple corporate locations.
- Experience working with remote technical team in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of Web Server Support [Apache/Tomcat, IIS, JBOSS, Websphere]
- Understanding of database support [SQL and Oracle] practices
- Understanding of Process & Deployment Automation tools and methologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server and UNIX platforms.
- Understanding of Active Directory components
- Formal knowledge and practice of a Quality Process and Project Management philosophies and principles.
- Understanding of information security concepts.
Why join the team?
- Flexibility with respect to hours, nights and weekends required.
- 5-10% Travel.
- Off hours support as needed.
As the #1 direct bank in the U.S., we're fostering a nation of savers by providing innovative financial products that are easy to use. We seek people with the same passion to join our team.
ING DIRECT - 3 years ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...