Meet Virgin America:
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. VA incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that offers more: more fun, more options, more comfort, more entertainment and more value.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Corporate and Guest Experience Learning is a dynamic team whose purpose is to create a company where Teammates love to work. We believe if you treat your Teammates right, the Guests will follow. We are passionate about developing our company culture, our people, and providing life-long learning opportunities that impact the bottom line of the coolest new airline. We have been tasked with designing a world-class learning organization by developing and elevating our people and our culture throughout Virgin America’s extraordinary growth. Our mission is to build a team of talented and professional learning evangelists to design and develop learning programs for our fast-paced, high-growth company. If you feel you are a good fit then please read on.
Main Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a talented individual to help us take all of our learning experiences for all learning and people programs to the next level. The learning experience includes everything from the look and feel of programs to the supporting materials, communication, and multi-media initiatives. In addition, consistent with the Virgin America brand, we want to have cutting-edge technology and visceral learning experiences for front-line (Flight Attendants and Guest Services Teammates), leadership, and enterprise-wide programs. The successful candidate will be a high-energy, bright, creative, and flexible individual who can work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines. The candidate must be able to show a portfolio of materials or work samples upon request.
Main Areas of Responsibility
In our dynamic environment, we all roll up our sleeves to pitch-in, so each day may be a little different. In general the job responsibilities include:
Working closely with the Corporate and Guest Experience Leadership Team, this position will:
Skills & Abilities Required
- Incorporate cutting-edge multi-media and technologies into all programs. This includes gaming, social media, video, and digital apps.
- Take relativity dry and one-dimensional information and use design and storytelling to transform it into something visceral and interactive.
- Design a visually appealing and interactive People and Learning brand/experience. This includes the look and feel of learning programs, materials, communications, and participant experience.
- Build our e-learning strategy.
- Design written materials, on-line guides, e-learning strategies, and building learning tools for Corporate Learning team.
- Design classroom learning opportunities and interventions for a myriad of topics; everything from professional development courses for leadership to hospitality skills for our Flight Attendants
- Assist with the back-end solutions of organizational effectiveness initiatives. Some examples include developing solutions from our annual climate survey; assisting departments in building solutions to learning and/or organizational effectiveness areas of focus.
Professional Certifications and Education Required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to keep information confidential.
- Strong project management skills applied in a business/corporate environment.
- Proven track record with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Imaginative and creative thinker with experience working with publishing, graphic design, app and media development.
- Proven experience in needs assessments, solution development, and implementation.
- Previous experience in storytelling through technology and multi-media.
- Experience in consulting, designing, and delivering training content to all levels of employees.
- Proficiency in use of e-Learning tools (e.g. Articulate, Captivate, or others).
- Proficiency in MAC applications and tools.
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, industrial design, education, or multi-media communications is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of design experience, including the ability to specify learning objectives and develop instructionally sound learning deliverables as well as to design and implement interactive e-learning programs/courseware.
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles and of a wide range of training methods, techniques, and formats including web-based training development.
- Working knowledge of collaboration platforms (e.g. Yammer, Chatter, or others) and experience using social media as a learning tool. Experience with the SalesForce platform a plus.
- Experience building experiential activities to support technical and interpersonal skills.
- Focus group discussion guide development and facilitation know-how preferred.
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...