JOB SUMMARY |
Responsible for sleep diagnostics studies as ordered by physicians and keeping pertinent records. Exercises judgement and initiative to perform quality patient care using proper professional techniques and safety practices. Responsible for assisting with performance improvement. Able to work competently in all aspects of sleep studies.
1. EDUCATION: RPSg.T. preferred. One to two years in a sleep study environment preferred. Medical education background.
2. EXPERIENCE: Strong neurodiagnostics background is desirable. ALS certification is mandatory. Other medical training and/or experience is beneficial.
3. J OB KNOWLEDGE: Must have thorough knowledge of neuroanatomy, physiology and EEG. Must have or develop knowledge of respiratory anatomy and physiology; and understanding of CPAP, BIPAP, and related devices. Must have or develop thorough knowledge of normal/abnormal sleep patterns.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs diagnostic sleep studies as prescribed by a physician.
2. Cleans and maintains areas and equipment.
3. Must be able to implement skills in such a manner as to convey the values and mission of the institution.
4. Demonstrates job related aspects of patient safety to assure a safe environment, safe and effective use of equipment and technology, and decreased risk of potential adverse patient occurrences.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of and supports hospital mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality statements, corporate compliance plan, customer service standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
6. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served on his/her assigned unit. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's and division's policies and procedures.
Memorial Healthcare - 24 months ago