Full Time, Eligible for Benefits
The Major Gifts Coordinator will coordinate all aspects of the Curator and Pacific Circle membership program and provide full support to the major gifts program. This position reports to the Director of Development.
The Major Gifts Coordinator's Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinating all aspects of the Curator andPacific Circleprogram ($600 membership gifts and higher) including acquisitions, renewals, upgrades, events, communication, recognition, donor visits, and stewardship; Coordinator will be responsible for a yearly revenue goal
- Collaborating with the Annual Giving Coordinator and the Membership Manager to develop strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects from within the membership base
- Coordinating correspondence with all $1,000+ donors including Pacific Circle, major gift donors, and benefactors; including Pacific Currents, invitations, newsletters, etc.
- Providing timely and accurate donor recognition of all donors $1,000+ including donor wall updates, exhibit sponsorship signs, annual listing in Pacific Currents, listing in Annual Report, etc.
- Ensuring fulfillment of all Pacific Circle and major gift benefits including thank you phone calls, arranging and conducting Aquarium tours, handling special donor requests, etc.
- Developing and implementing strategies for effective communication via the Aquarium website and creating consistent email newsletters for the Pacific Circle and major gifts program
- Coordinating planning and implementation of all cultivation and stewardship events for $1,000+ donors and Trustee of the Pacific events
- Administrative support for Trustees of the Pacific; meeting invitations to members, preparing documentation for meetings, assisting with event logistics; providing administrative support to the Major Gifts and Capital Campaign Manager
- All other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years major gift or annual giving fundraising experience required, preferably for cultural or environmental institutions
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience working with Donors and Boards in non-profit organizations
- Experience in handling difficult political situations
- Knowledge of the institution and the community preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Traits for Success
- Extraordinary people skills
- Extraordinary organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs and knowledge of Blackbaud Raisers Edge 7 database preferred desirable
Interested & Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, please apply online at http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/employment/info/major_gifts_coordinator by clicking on APPLY NOW at the end of the position description. You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants.
Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Philanthropy Careers - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Aquarium of the Bay
San Francisco, CA
Association of Zoos and Aquariums
- 23 days ago
BIRCH AQUARIUM, SCRIPPS INSTITUTION OF OCEANOGRAPHY, UCSD
La Jolla, CA
Association of Zoos and Aquariums
- 24 days ago