Big Data Solution Architect
The Big Data/Analytics
is responsible for understanding emerging and evolving end user usage models and requirements in Big Data and Analytics, documenting those usage models and business, technical and user requirements and designing a solutions architecture to meet those requirements and specifying an implementation HW and SW solution stack. Solution architects document the solution architectures and solution requirements and, when needed, define end user proofs of concept to test the architectures, usage models and corresponding Intel technologies in testbed or real end user environments. They also work with end users and ecosystem partners to deploy those solutions in early adopter production environments. A strong candidate will have:
Ability to develop technical relationships with end-users, ISVs, OEMs and Intel platform architects and Proof-Of-Concept engineers.
- Experience in Requirements Engineering, Solution Architecture, Design, Development and Deployment
- A broad set of technical skills and knowledge across hardware, software, systems and solutions development and a across more than one technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience in real world IT or other solutions environments including creating (on your own or with a team) a product or IT solution in the area of Big Data/Analytics
- Strong communication skills including representing your company in industry standards organizations or industry technical forums or events in Cloud Security
- Strong technical team leadership, mentorship and collaboration.
o Enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics (e.g., SAP, Oracle, Teradata)
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of technical solutions experience including 5+ years of in a combination of relevant Big Data/Analytics areas including:
o Hadoop and other Industry BigData Frameworks
o Industry vertical application for Big Data/Analytics
o Underlying infrastructure for Big Data Solutions (Clustered/Distributed Computing, Storage, Data Center Networking)
Deployment of a large distributed Big Data Application (e.g., Video Surveillance)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience designing, building and operating cloud services in IT, Systems Integrator or Service Provider.
PhD in Computer Science or related field
USA-California, Santa Clara
Dec 4, 2012
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...