Education, Certification & Licenses:|
This position requires knowledge of computer programming acquired
through formal education or 2 - 3 years on the job applications.
Equivalent to a Bachelors degree in computer science, information
technology, or related engineering discipline.
Minimum 7 years experience in information technology
Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
General technical skills
Java, Oracle, and Data Stage tools
Functional knowledge of business unit supported a plus
Organizational and project management skills
The Analyst, Business Configuration Senior is responsible for
application support and development for a single business unit or
multiple business units including sales, marketing, merchandising,
supply chain, store operations, finance, or human resources.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
1. Coordinate technical resources necessary to implement solutions
for complex business requirements.
2. Determine technical solutions to meet business requirements.
Detail system design, analyze the jobs/programs needed to be written or
revised, and estimate the time and resources needed to complete the
3. Code complex programs by utilizing applicable languages and
processes in a batch/on-line environment.
4. Utilize test plans and tools to ensure programs are thoroughly
tested before they are installed. Apply and recommend the appropriate
tools and languages that are required to develop/modify a business
5. Analyze problems including determining the causes, possible
solutions, implementation, and communication of the final solution.
6. Solicit user involvement/information and actively apply it.
Communicate within team and with business users by various
correspondences (e.g. memos, e-mail, and voicemail) to convey
project/assignment status and information in clear terms.
7. Assist as a technical resource for the team and set standards and
guidelines for existing and new technologies. Keep up with new and
emerging technologies and assist development staff in implementing them.
8. Apply knowledge of specific application areas to assigned
projects. Share application/business knowledge with other IT and
9. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
10. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
OfficeMax - 21 months ago
This company is taking the office supply business to the max. OfficeMax is the #3 office products retailer in North America (far behind...