The Sr. Manager, Customer Account Management within Managed Markets Operations is responsible for leading a team that handles all customer needs across contracting, claims, and membership for all customer segments including Health Plans, PBMs, GPOs, Wholesalers, and Government entities. The incumbent will lead a team of 4-5 internal staff with the goal of maximizing the efficiency of all customer related Managed Market activities. Additionally, the Sr. Manager, CAM will work collaboratively with MM Sales and Contracting Strategy stakeholders in order to gain appropriate insight and knowledge to support contracting and/or payment activities. The Sr. Manager, CAM will also be required to effectively communicate to senior management and stakeholders any contract and/or payment development progress, issues and risks. Individual will need to be knowledgeable of department's operational systems and processes in order to provide necessary oversight. The Sr. Manager will actively strive to maintain a balance between compliance, efficiency, and customer excellence. |
* Build and lead a team to focus on timely, accurate and efficient customer related processes encompassing contracting, claims, and membership needs while meeting all internal AstraZeneca standards and government requirements.
* Develop and execute a governance process to ensure appropriate allocation of team resources to meet all contractual and regulatory timelines.
* Manage a staff, including performance management and hiring decision processes.
* Review and approve payment requests, customer maintenance and eligibility requests, and sign customer contracts within appropriate Delegation of Authority.
* Define qualitative and quantitative metrics to increase efficiency / effectiveness.
* Supervise the preparation and processing of bid proposals, contract proposal worksheets and other contract requests submitted by the department's internal customers with regard to products offered. This responsibility includes the interpretation of contract strategies with regard to specific customer requirements and the application of analytical/strategic thinking to execute a contract within pre-determined parameters.
* Communicate with external customers (i.e., wholesalers, PBM's, HMO's, GPOs, etc.) to determine contract requirements and position AstraZeneca to respond with high quality and timely contractual information.
* Interact with management and internal customers in providing knowledgeable input with regard to the factors that need to be considered as contracts and product strategies are developed and ensure operational implementation of contracting strategies for all customer segments.
* Work closely with internal stakeholders (ie, MM Sales, MM Finance, Contract Strategy) to deliver the most complete contracting solutions
* Maintain collaborative working relationships with external customers to ensure timely and accurate contracted payments.
* Maintain collaborative working relationship with MM Finance to provide information that will allow them to forecast appropriate accruals.
* Maintain collaborative working relationship with internal departments (such as Brand Teams, Trade Operations, etc.) focused on driving value for our customers. Monitor and assess changes to systems and/or processes and communicate feedback to senior leadership.
* Define, analyze and report periodic sales and discount performance results to key stakeholders. These analyses may impact future contracting strategies.
Key Leadership Capabilities
* Acts decisively and makes effective decisions and can do so in the absence of complete information and when under pressure
* Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and requirements; ability to proactively engage customer in development or identification of solutions
* Demonstrated ability to manage and lead effectively with and without authority
* Demonstrated ability to influence and maintain the commitment of sponsors and stakeholders and engages internal / external customers in the development of solutions
* Ability to think strategically and broadly, using this insight to challenge and adapt current approaches / ways of doing things
* Works collaboratively by respecting and integrating diverse views
* Drives performance by anticipating and/or removing obstacles for others in order to deliver results and succeed
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 7 years experience working in the managed health care industry, public or private contracting, sales operations or claims processing
* 2 years direct people management experience
* Background in Managed Markets or Government Claims or Contracting
* Demonstrated leadership, negotiation and communication skills
* Demonstrated analytical skills, highly organized and detail oriented, and able to manage multiple priorities
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including a strong focus on customer service
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers
* MBA or professional certification (CPA, CFE, PMP, etc.)
* Project management experience
AstraZeneca - 24 months ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...