As a member of the staff, the Stock Associate is responsible for meeting all expectations for the position and help maintain and establish control-related standards and procedures as relates to the business.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 1-3 months.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
1. Achieve sales goals as supplied by management. Maximize sales through assisting customers in the selection and purchase of merchandise.
2. Process incoming shipments. Check in, audit and sensor merchandise per policy. Ensure all shipment paperwork is filed correctly.
3. Ensure all items are well stocked and represented on the selling floor.
4. Prepare out-going transfer items at the end of the season.
5. Develop a high level of product knowledge of all categories of merchandise by attending staff meetings and vendor presentations. Complete all seasonal training quizzes.
6. Maintain awareness of any shrinkage situations and notifies store management of each situation.
7. Ensure all merchandise is sensored prior to going to the selling floor according to sensoring guidelines.
8. Ensure all in-bound and out-bound merchandise is accurate, report any discrepancies to the stock supervisor and inventory control.
9. Provide exceptional customer service. Maintain a customer clientele book to establish a relationship and follow up process with customers.
10. Accomplish tasks assigned by the store management
The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion sense of...