Design and implement Linux systems infrastructure for new services
Automate common tasks and system provisioning needs
Develop tools for management and monitoring of systems including analytics and reporting
Establish and recommend policies on security, architecture and systems based on industry best practices
Cover on-call in shared rotation for site reliability issues; works with engineering resources to see full resolution of production impacting issues
Work with the rest of Engineering and Operations on development of large, scalable solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working with other technical teams on solving large infrastructure scaling issues, including performance measurement and capacity planning
- Experience implementing and scaling distributed applications
- The ability to communicate and support products in 3rd party hosted environments.
- Understanding of mobile technologies and concepts
- Ability to gather technical requirements and develop a reference architecture
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and network protocols, load balancing, and network architecture concepts
- Extensive programming background in one or some of the following: shell, perl, python
- Ability to automate processes easily
- An expert level understanding of distributed computing concepts in an N-Tier application environment
- More than five years of Linux system administration experience with a 24x7, consumer facing Internet application product
- Hands on experience with MySQL, and Apache, including optimizing data storage, availability and performance
- Experience with management and maintenance tools such as Cfengine or Puppet.
- Technologies expertise with Linux (RedHat and CentOS), Apache, MySQL, Perl, Java, Zabbix, Kickstart, F5, Cisco
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with large site (1000+ servers) and the associated scaling and management solutions including performance improvement
- Ability and willingness to work in a large-scale, shared Microsoft and Linux environments.
Skyfire - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard