A warm and supportive personality and the ability to relate to children who have many changing needs. Ability to observe and take direction quickly and appropriately. Knowledge of health and safety standards. A flexible attitude and willingness to work on special assignments. Ability to work well with other staff members. Physical stamina. Interest in learning new methods and current techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing room for beginning and ending school year.
- Assist in maintaining daily classroom environment; i.e. cleaning up when necessary.
- Set up learning centers
- Get materials out and ready for teacher lessons, i.e. paint, music instruments, picture cards, etc.
- Duplicate material.
- Set up audio-visual materials.
- Make materials, i.e. patterns, math cards.
- Pick up books and return to school library.
- Reinforce skills taught in daily lessons.
- Maintain behavior modification schedules.
- Assist in teacher taught group lessons.
- Assist individual children with seat work teacher has prepared.
- Assist at art, music and gym when appropriate.
- Assist in regular program under teacher direction when appropriate.
- Participate in all activities of classroom, i.e. field trips, outside recess, Special Olympics, camping trips, lunchroom, and playground.
- Meet children at the bus and escort to the bus when assigned.
- Assist with physical needs of children where appropriate, i.e. bathroom, and health and medical needs.
- Assist children at recess, snack and at lunch time in the cafeteria.
- Assist at noon recess.
- Escort children to office and / or nurse for medication when necessary.
- Assist in record keeping.
- Attend weekly staffings, department meetings, report card conferences, and faculty meetings.
- Attend in-service programs when appropriate.
Naugatuck Public Schools - 18 months ago
Naugatuck Public Schools provides a comprehensive education and a full program of activities and athletics for all students. High school...