Sr. HR Coordinator
Location: RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Regular
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company’s Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. Programming in the U.S. is distributed on The Hub TV Network, a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Through the Company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens.” Learn more at www.hasbro.com.
© 2012 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Sr. HR Coordinator
The Senior HR Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of HR processes for assigned Business Units and for the accurate and timely administrative/record keeping functions of the Human Resources Department. This would include maintaining and updating all files and records pertaining to: employees, staffing, salary administration, talent management, benefits, HRIS, headcount analysis, organization charts and budget analysis. Under minimal supervision, incumbent implements multiple established administrative projects and assists in developing, monitoring and improving departmental procedures and systems.
Provides administrative support to the HR Director(s) as needed for calendar management, organizing meetings, candidate correspondence, travel management, expense reports, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: :
Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources you will focus on the following areas:
Education and Experience Requirements: :
- Staffing Support
- Prepare and distribute employee interview packets
- Prepare and overnight individual employee offer letters, track offer acceptances and signed relocation agreements, etc.
- Organize, document and distribute candidate interview schedules and travel arrangements, as needed and requested by HR Directors/Managers
- Track and initiate all required new hire actions and communicate to necessary internal departments and contacts to include: send new hire email, enroll in orientation, confirm/notify manager of start date, complete and send authorization to relocation vendor, etc.
- Manage position numbers for all new hires and transfers
- Conduct New Employee Orientation
- Maintain completed I-9 forms and ensure regulatory compliance
- Handle transfer request by collecting appropriate approvals and signatures and then preparing and submitting all necessary paperwork
- Benefits Administration
- Point of contact for employees regarding all employee health, welfare and service benefits programs, including timely processing of enrollment forms and changes in status, explaining administrative procedures, responding to questions and resolving common problems. Partner with Benefits department staff to coordinate Open Enrollment communications and procedures and to address complex and/or vendor relations issues
- Coordinate the administration of FMLA leave procedures by responding to employee questions, collecting and editing employee leave paperwork, monitoring return to work dates, notifying supervisor and HR Directors of employee status, and communicating with Medical Department and Payroll to ensure appropriate documentation is processed
- Receive and process approved temporary help requests for Administrative Assistants, Coordinators, and other non-exempt staff; coordinate the selection and placement of temporary employees by identifying and communicating needs with management and to established agencies and/or by developing an in-house candidate pool, scheduling interviews (if necessary), scheduling and monitoring drug screen (if necessary) and tracking start and end dates. On-site point of contact for managers needing assistance with temporary requisitions.
- Maintain employment folders, ensuring the accurate, organization and legal compliance of all employee-related documentation. Create new employment folders for all new hires
- Maintain and post organization charts on the company intranet monthly by transferring processed employee date changes and any known organizational structural changes to drafts with are reviewed/approved by HR Director and Business Unit Leaders prior to publication
- Point of contact for outside authorized agencies and vendors (i.e. Relocation, Outplacement, Workers Compensation, Employment Agencies, etc.) with respects to employee data, unemployment claims, relocation authorizations, etc., referring unusual issues or requests to Director.
- Point of contact for employees and managers with questions on corporate policies, payroll information, performance management employee relations issues, etc.; resolves routing problems and refers more complex issues to HR Manager
- Create and maintain various files, spreadsheets, and/or SAP query reports to accommodate employee record-keeping needs, trigger future actions, and ensure completeness of data and accuracy of organization charts, relocation files, employee data reports, salary planning, etc.
- Prepare and maintain severance cost estimates, prepare individualized severance letters, coordinate and schedule the logistics of team downsizing activities, track delivery and receipt of severance agreements, etc.
- Organize and track documentation associated with the annual performance review process
- Complete audit support for Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Update Talent Profiles as needed
- Organize and schedule meetings and interviews, draft and send correspondence, respond to messages/telephone calls, process expense reports, etc.
- Temporary Help Coordination
- HR Project Coordination
- Administrative Support
- Associates Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of HR administration and project coordination experience, preferably supporting all HR generalist functions for global consumer product marketing and development organizations
- Experience with Taleo or similar applicant tracking system preferred
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and oral communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Proficient with MS Office and Visio applications and web-based tools
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in database management applications (Excel, Access and/or SAP)
- Proactive customer service focus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external contacts
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of functional HR practices, related disciplines and a working knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations and to appropriately use discretion and sound judgment when dealing with managers and employees
J2W Posting Code: Corporate Business Services
Business Unit: Corporate
Hasbro Inc. - 20 months ago
Hasbro, Inc. (Hasbro) is engaged in providing children’s and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, including...