The Network Provisioning Engineer/Senior Engineer’s responsibility and overall purpose is to ensure the lifecycle, functionality and growth of the NTELOS wireless backhaul and cell site network to the mobile switching center for cell sites, trunks and other types of circuits required to support the business. Additionally, this position will play a supporting role in the design and implementation of network provisioning practices and Granite administration.
- Engineer/provision all requests for circuits and facilities requested by Site Acquisition/Construction, Traffic, ITS, Switch Engineering and Wireless Data Engineering.
- Responsibilities include detail circuit design, network facility and equipment assignments, network planning and inter/intra company circuit coordination, and IP assignments.
- Orders special and switch access facilities in support of new cell site deployment, cell and trunk capacity augments, new stores and data network augments as required for the business.
- Maintain all circuit and facility records via Granite; ensuring database consistency and accuracy.
- Building equipment, Container, Shelves, Slots and Ports in Granite for all network elements.
- Partner with peers to ensure reliability, availability and scalability thresholds are maintained.
- Working knowledge of how the access service request (ASR) process works with carriers like but not limited to Verizon Business, Frontier, Cox, Comcast and Century Link.
- Working knowledge of wireless networks from cell site to switching center and the transport elements involved.
- Working knowledge of SS7 protocol and networks; Ethernet backhaul, TCP/IP and sub-netting, SNTP, QoS, and SNMP.
- Working knowledge of design, diversity and implementation of transport networks for wireless networks. Microwave, WIFI, Wireless Bridges and Lasers.
- Ability to implement industry standards and “best practices” relative to network provisioning or facilities engineering.
- Competencies: Leadership, communication skills and vision (ability to see/grasp the bigger picture).
- Education/Experience: 4-year technical degree and/or equivalent training or experience; minimum of 2-5 years working in a similar role within the Telecommunications industry w/ a wire line, cable operator (MSO) or wireless carrier.
- Verizon’s CSG ordering system, Century Link/Frontier/Cox VFO system (Virtual Front Office)
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and successfully manage relations with internal customers (Operations, ITS and other engineering teams.).
- Good interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with ALU mobile switching center infrastructure.
- Familiarity with ALU and Tellabs digital access cross connect systems, Ciena, 7750’s and 7705’s.
- Experience with optical networks and GigE transport.
- LTE experience a plus.
nTelos Wireless is a leading provider of wireless communications services to consumers and businesses in select areas of Virginia, West...