ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under general supervision is able to translate the business requirements into a high level conceptual design. Ensures design meets performance, usability and scalability requirements in addition to the functional requirements.
• Performs system configuration based on the business requirements
• Provides technical support and assistance to users to resolve problems and issues in area of expertise.
• Participates in application support of strategic plans for their areas of responsibility to ensure that they meet the needs of the users.
• Develops an overview and working knowledge of the assigned systems applications, to build knowledge base of configuration supported functions.
• Provides production support as needed (Off hour problem diagnosis and resolution).
• Provides status updates on all assigned tasks using the department’s service request tracking tool.
• Follows FirstCare’s policies and procedures regarding Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), SAS70 Compliance and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Other duties as assigned
FirstCare Health Plans is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Care or IT is preferred; however the equivalent in education and experience may be substituted.
• Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience required in claims processing or benefit / pricing configuration
• Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office required
• Strong personal commitment to quality service
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
FirstCare Health Plans - 14 months ago