Located in northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. LANL enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
The Information Technology directorate (ADIT) provides information technology and cyber security services to help the Laboratory meet its national security, science, and engineering missions. ADIT strives to:
- Provide exemplary information security, as well as satisfy regulatory and contractual obligations;
- Promote technical excellence in our workforce;
- Deploy sustainable, reliable, and innovative technologies that increases LANL's competitive edge; and,
- Acquire insight into how information technology can enhance the Laboratory's missions.
The Network and Infrastructure Engineering (NIE) Division which is a division within ADIT provides network infrastructure and services, production systems, and telephony services.
As such, NIE Division is seeking experienced network professionals for the engineering team. A successful engineering candidate will work on the team responsible for the design of the Laboratory's classified and unclassified local area and core networks and information technology services projects within NIE division.
The successful candidate for this position
will be highly technical and able to present his/herself as an expert skilled in at least one of the following: reverse engineering, host forensics (including live response forensics), network forensics or network packet analysis.
These positions will be filled at either the Network Professional 3 or 4 level, depending on the skills of the selected candidate.
Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if the candidate is hired at the higher level.
Network Professional 3 ($76,500- $128,000)
- Ability to identify problems and work with multiple teams and/or levels of management when proposing, designing or implementing solutions
- Broad knowledge and expertise of network engineering and information technology
- Knowledge of network switching and routing
- Knowledge of TCP, UDP, IP
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and email services
- Experience with Unix/Linux and web services
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to document and follow troubleshooting processes
- Demonstrate ability to complete assignments and commitments in a timely, professional manner
Network Professional 4 ($83,100- $128,000)
- Knowledge of MPLS
- Knowledge of VOIP
- At the professional 3 level, a candidate typically has 8 years of experience or a combination of highly focused/pertinent experience and education
In addition to the requirements outlined above, the Network Professional 4 duties include:
- Broad expertise in network engineering and information technology
- Expertise in at least one of the required skills above and significant demonstrable skill in several of the other areas
- Experience leading technical projects or teams
At the professional 4 level, a candidate generally has 12 years of experience or a combination of highly focused experience and education.
Los Alamos National Laboratory - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national...