The Home Dialysis Training RN is responsible for providing home dialysis training; ongoing follow-up care, and monitoring supply utilization consistent with the state, federal, and company guidelines. This RN will support a peritoneal dialysis program with approximately 12 patients. This is a self driven position to create and drive this growing program.
1. Implements home program patient care activities in accordance with company policy and procedures.
2. Executes protocols and quality initiatives to improve clinical and patient outcomes of the home dialysis patient.
3. Provides training and educational programs for home hemodialysis and home peritoneal dialysis patients
4. Assures efficient supply utilization, home inventory, vendor orders, and patient prescriptions.
5. Demonstrates RV Difference and Culture
Assesses, coordinates, monitors and documents all aspects of care to the home dialysis patient to include, but not limited to:
1. Documentation of patients initial training, changes to treatment prescription, kinetic evaluation, Medication and lab review, monthly clinic visits, phone contact and home visits in accordance with the guidelines of the ESRD Network, State and Federal regulatory agencies.
2. Evaluates patients data and formulates an individualized plan of care that includes both short and long term goals. Report progress and problems to the patient and multi disciplinary care team.
3. Contributes to plan of care and makes changes as necessary independently or in coordination with the multi disciplinary team.
4. Contributes to Center based quality assessment and improvement activities.
5. Obtains blood, urine and peritoneal fluids and prepares specimens for laboratory pick-ups as necessary for patient evaluation.
6. Performs home visits consistent with policy and regulatory requirements.
7. Monitors simple report to assure appropriate supply utilization.
8. Coordinates scheduling of patient appointments for monthly follow up, kinetic evaluation, and any other patient visits as needed.
9. Implements and promotes company quality outcome initiatives.
10. Follows RVM policies and CDC guidelines for infection control.
11. Assists with proper handling and storage of hazardous materials.
12. Carries out all duties in a professional and courteous manner.
13. Serves on Center and Company-wide committees, task forces, and work groups on a voluntary and appointed basis.
14. Enforces all HIPPA compliance policies.
15. Maintains monitors and completes reports in QCS and QMS data bases to assure complete and accurate information.
16. Completes review of all lab reports communicating changes to appropriate discipline; uses protocols to make appropriate medication changes
17. Demonstrates appropriate emergency response following established protocols and completes all documentation in accordance with company policy.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Current State RN licensure
Baccalaureate degree preferred
12 month Clinical experience required
At least 6 months peritoneal dialysis preferred
Previous dialysis experience preferred.
Renal Ventures Management, LLC - 11 months ago
Renal Ventures Management, LLC is a leading provider of dialysis services. We partner with top physicians to provide patients with knowledge...