Hazard Community and Technical College invites applications for our full time position of AFA f10 month faculty member/program coordinator. Potential candidates should have experience and knowledge related to at least two of these areas; painting, ceramics, sculpture, printmaking, digital photography and jewelry/metals.
Candidates should display exceptional capabilities in current practices and technological concerns of the area.
- Teach 15-18 credit hours per semester in the Associate in Fine Arts degree.
- Serve as program coordinator.
- Maintain all aspects of the facility, equipment, supplies and establish ongoing safe shop practices.
- Establish new technical capabilities and material offerings.
- Active involvement in recruitment including planning and participation during on and off campus events.
- On going review of student learning outcomes as well as developing and updating the program's student learning outcomes as needed.
- Complete annual program reviews and course assessment forms to assess the quality of the program and ensure that the curriculum is educationally sound
- Provide leadership to accomplish the program's operational and assessment plans.
- Provide on going curriculum development and review.
- Continued professional development and service to the college and community.
Master's of Fine Arts with an emphasis in at least two of these areas; painting, ceramics, sculpture, printmaking, digital photography and jewelry/metals.
Teaching experience beyond graduate school is required.
A strong portfolio should demonstrate a commitment to contemporary practice in the field and the ability to define future technologies and their applications.
Ability to teach drawing and 2D/3D design preferred.
NOTE: In addition to submitting the online application form, please upload the following:
cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts for all college coursework and three letters of recommendation. .
Kentucky Community and Technical College System - 19 months ago