TITLE: Talent Management Leader, Global Human Resources
LOCATION: US based, prefer NY, CT or PA
RELATIONSHIPS: This position reports to Jean Larkin, Chief Talent Officer
The talent management leader is focused on talent management (succession management), engagement, assessment and career management processes and projects that will advance XL's ability to attract, develop, engage and enable performance of colleagues and the business on a global basis.
Key responsibilities include the following:
* Colleague Engagement: Thought leadership and overall responsibility for colleague engagement strategies, including linkage to business results and leadership performance. Planning and execution of Colleague Engagement Survey including vendor selection and management, survey design and implementation, action planning. Specific responsibilities for survey analysis and recommendations to senior leadership of XL, with support in subsequent action planning and follow-up.
* Career Management: Develop a framework for career development and management for XL that is responsive to the needs of XL and colleagues across the organization. This includes further development of leadership behaviors and behavioral anchors that are needed for success. Create connections to all talent processes.
* Examine the talent review and succession planning process within XL and work with leadership and HRBPs to reinvigorate and drive continuous improvement within it to ensure that it achieves its objectives. Support the development of a strong leadership pipeline and specific talent segments. Measure results. Participate in the development of Board presentations.
* Further define and create tools that would improve XL's ability to assess talent and provide richer feedback for development.
* Assignment to various projects, working with HR, talent development and talent management.
* The ideal candidate for this position will possess a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible and varied HR experience where high performance was demonstrated.
* He/She must have experience in a matrix environment, preferably in the financial services industry.
* Strong consulting and business diagnostic and contracting skills
* Passion for results, fostering learning and exceptional planning and execution ability
* Strong development focus, with demonstrated proficiency in articulating gaps and building capability of leaders.
* A track record of successfully designing and implementing strategic talent management programs and processes that achieve measurable results.
* Experience with engagement surveys and processes.
* Experience in job analysis, assessments and simulations.
* Business acumen and use of analytics, with a desire and ability to measure results of initiatives, processes for continuous improvement.
* Sense of urgency, a strong results-orientation with a laser focus on service delivery, a hands-on ability and a roll up your sleeves attitude
* Pragmatic with the ability to be flexible and to manage through and clarify ambiguity.
* Good decision maker - Good at identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
* Solid interpersonal communication, presentation, facilitation and influence management skills in order to effectively communicate and influence others.
* Demonstrated ability to build solid relationships across the organization.
* Strong learning orientation-high desire for personal continuous learning
A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field is required. A Master's degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field is highly desirable.
The successful candidate for this position is likely to have a minimum of 5 years of experience.
XL Group plc (NYSE: XL) is one of the world’s leading insurance groups focused on Property & Casualty (non-life) insurance and...