This Production Engineering position will provide "hands on" engineering support for the Bakken, ND operations area. The successful candidate will interface with Marathon employees, contractor employees, and vendors to optimize production and expenses in a safe and environmentally sound manner. Effective teamwork is required by the engineer as information is gathered and communicated between field operators, other team members and the SCADA system. Due to the operation's high activity level, the candidate must be a self-starter who can work independently. There are opportunities in the areas of down-hole corrosion prevention, artificial lift optimization, surface facility expansion, and automation utilization.
A demonstrated commitment to HES&S standards and policies is a must for the candidate filling this position.
- Promote and support a culture where safety and environmental compliance is top priority among contractors and Marathon employees. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Promote a positive and constructive workplace. Interact with other team members in a manner that will help build respect and achieve set goals.
- Help reach production goals by utilizing automation information and participating in frequent well reviews with field operators, engineers, and production supervisors.
- Participate in expense optimization in the areas of automation, artificial lift, and well work.
- Be proactive with continuous learning in all areas, especially emerging technology. Provide technical mentoring for developing engineers and technicians.
- Provide relief for workover and completion rig supervisors.
- Assist in expense and capital project budget preparation and review.
- Prepare workover and completion procedures as needed and maintain record keeping in areas such as well work histories and wellbore diagrams
- Leverage peers and technical resources to develop and maintain relationships to further support the Bakken asset.
Petroleum Engineering or Related Degree Required
Excel and Word are required. WAM, TOW, Aries, DSS would be a plus.
Five plus (5 +) years experience in Production and/or Operations Engineering is required. Experience or familiarity with rod design and rod-pumping system maintenance, automation and telemetry would be beneficial.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 22 months ago
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...