• Develop, document and implement processes for the assembly of electromechanical and electronic products. Plan, set-up and launch pilot production areas for new products with volumes ranging from a few hundred to several thousand. This position will report to the director of product development. |
• Work closely with product development to implement new manufacturing processes based on the new product requirements. This includes researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods or equipment as well as conferring with equipment vendors.
• As new products are ready, prepare and launch a pilot production area for each. Create and maintain all documentation needed to support the pilot area. This may include supervising production personnel during the initial stages.
• Improve pilot manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Coordinate with the operations group to translate the pilot areas into a full production sites. This may include some travel during the planning and transition phases.
• Act as the liaison between Oak Creek product development and the various Master Lock manufacturing sites. This includes becoming intimately familiar with their capabilities.
• Assure product and process quality by designing and implementing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
• Confer with staff and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
• This position will interact with nearly all levels of the company: development, operations, quality, supply chain, logistics, finance, customer service, information tech.
o Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Operations or similar required.
o 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment supporting production and new product introductions. Electromechanical or electronic product experience is preferred.
o Individual should be a self starter with the ability to work in a fast change environment and have a high comfort level for start-up manufacturing environment.
o Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with ability to interact with a diverse population ranging from front-line assembly staff to senior management and supplier contacts.
o Proficiency with MS Office. ProE, Solidworks or Autocad experience a plus.
o Speaks and writes English fluently.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. - 23 months ago