Consistent with scope of licensure, parameters of the California Nurse Practice Act, and Mercy Medical Center Merced (MMCM) policy and procedure, renders direct and indirect nursing care to assigned patient populations.
Assesses patients for nursing needs, establishes and implements a problem oriented plan of nursing care, and evaluates the effectiveness of care provided. Provides immediate direction to other members of the nursing care team to assure the appropriate provision of nursing services. Patient age populations served, and the specific competencies that comprise this job title may vary among nursing units. These specifics are found in the “Department / Unit Orientation & Initial Assessment of Competency” checklists for this unit/position, and –by reference – form a part of this job description.
1. Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse (RN) license with the state of California.
2. Must possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
3. Must possess and maintain a current Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certificate or obtain one within six months of employment.
4. Must possess and maintain a current National Certification Corporation (NCC) certificate in fetal monitoring within one year of employment. 5. Must be able to take call, float to other areas, and work on weekends as required
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Current Advance Critical Life Support (ACLS) certificate.
4. One Year Experience in Labor and Delivery
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard