Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Field Operations Manager
Type of Position:
Salem - NH
• Associates Degree in related field
with six years experience in the consulting field.
• Must hold current OSHA Hazwoper Certificate and Asbestos Inspector accreditation.
• Experience with hazardous material surveys and abatement projects including asbestos, mold and lead-based paint; Indoor air quality assessments; Industrial Hygiene assessments including personal exposure monitoring for noise and airborne contaminants; Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments.
• Experience managing field staff and staffing projects.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2010).
• Technical report writing experience.
• Effective time management and analytical skills. Articulate with a professional presence and solid decision making and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills (Technical writing sample will be required from candidates).
• Valid drivers license.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
This position will work as part of the Environmental Health and Safety practice in the Northeast. The office consists of approximately 25 team members, ranging in experience from two to more than thirty years.
Manage field staff working on EHS projects including asbestos abatement, industrial hygiene and safety assessments, environmental assessments, remediation and EHS compliance.
Provide project support in the areas of industrial hygiene, safety, environmental assessment, remediation, hazardous material abatement, EHS compliance. Responsibilities will include managing a staff of 2-3 field technicians, project staffing, conducting hazardous material surveys and technical report writing. Tasks will typically include providing technical expertise and review of project deliverables related to site-specific EHS projects.
In addition to project related work, the field manager will be responsible for managing the asbestos analytical QA/QC program and managing the field equipment maintenance program.
The successful candidate will need to mentor other EHS staff and field technicians within URS. Position will interact with URS colleagues, clients and regulatory agencies. The candidate will also interact with multi-discipline and multi-office teams within URS. Must be able to work effectively in team situations and establish strong relationships with other teams where overlap of client project work exists.
This position is an integral part of the Environmental Health and Safety Business line and is ideal for a candidate looking to broaden their experience as a field manager. This position reports to the Industrial Hygiene Manager and is located in the URS Salem, New Hampshire office.
Travel (predominantly New England) required.
The responsibilities of this position included, but are not limited to those stated above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation - 6 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...