Headquartered at Atlanta , Georgia -Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America , South America and Europe . Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, Inc., a private company headquartered in Wichita , Kansas .
The duties and responsibilities of the successful Asset Availability Leader candidate include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide daily support to the Tissue production area.
2. Assist in troubleshooting equipment related problems.
3. Assist in prioritizing maintenance work in the area.
4. Identify improvement opportunities.
5. Maintain equipment reliability data for the Tissue production area.
6. Review daily operating logs to identify reliability issues.
7. Aanalyze reasons for lost availability and review with reliability engineering.
8. Report asset availability information to production area and senior management.
9. Identify needs for Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
10. Lead, track, expedite and participate in and assure quality of RCFAs.
11. Assist in continuing to develop and improve Operator Basic Care process (OBC).
12. Develop and support planned machine outages and preventive/proactive maintenance.
13. Support and at times lead small and large projects in the production area.
BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering required
Experience in a continuous manufacturing environment required
Proficient use of computer-based maintenance systems and strong Microsoft office skills
Strong planning, technical troubleshooting, and organizational skills
Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
Experience in troubleshooting equipment issues and analyzing production loss and reliability data.
Experience in tissue manufacturing or lightweight paper mfg. processes
Experience with reliability practices around tissue machines
Georgia-Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
What's on Georgia-Pacific's mind? A whole lotta different products, that's what. Georgia-Pacific (GP) is one of the leading...