The Project Forecast Consultant uses a high level of technical capability to assist in the creation and maintenance of systems that create the best possible sales forecasts and allow Demand Planning personnel to analyze and improve forecasts. The position coaches and mentors Senior Technical Forecast Analysts and represents the Demand Planning group on major corporate initiatives that do not have a fully dedicated forecasting staff. The function is performed because forecast accuracy directly impacts service levels, margin improvement and inventory turns for their business group.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coaches Demand Planning team on best practices on the use of forecasting systems supporting financial and operational sales forecasting including algorithm selection, parameter setting, data cleansing and the support of business forecasting needs including reset planning, promotion planning and seasonal planning.
- Acts as core team member on major projects and initiatives representing Demand Planning needs. This includes being involved in the design, build and testing of the application.
- Acts as project manager for minor projects and systems enhancements related to forecasting systems. This includes defining project scope, resource requirements, and timelines, and communicating project status to Demand Planning management
- Maintains or coordinates the maintenance of Forecasting tools created.
- Creates, updates, and maintains training documentation on forecasting systems.
- Bachelors degree or 3+ years experience in Supply Chain operations
- 2+ years experience in Forecasting or 1+ years as a Lowe’s Forecast Analyst
- Demonstrated proficiency developing applications using MS Access and/or other analytical tools (e.g. Visual Basic or Excel Macros).
With fiscal year 2011 sales of $50.2 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 100 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,745 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
- Masters degree in business, supply chain, logistics, industrial engineering or other discipline with a focus on supply chain
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following systems: INFOREM, JDA Demand, DCM Profiler, DART/ Microstrategies
- 1+ years as a Lowe’s Senior Technical Forecast Analyst
- Demonstrated experience leading projects
- 2+ years experience leading people directly or indirectly
Lowe's - 23 months ago
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...