Performs laboratory procedures in accordance with protocols that require the broad exercise of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision in all areas assigned to them. The laboratory assistant works under the supervision of a supervisor, or laboratory director. Professional application of the principles, theories, and techniques of laboratory medicine are utilized to produce reliable test results. Assumes additional responsibilities as outlined by management. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Prefer completion of a phlebotomy training program with experience in laboratory.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply the concept of quality control and other compliance issues.
- Ability to use computer to enter and retrieve test results, enter quality control data, perform specimen inquiry, and order entry.
- Analytical skills to make quantitative and qualitative observations.
- Ability to work independently; handle constant interruptions and concurrent tasks.
- Knowledge of all laboratory safety regulations and protocols.
- Ability to integrate new information into practice and recognize opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to read and write at an appropriate level.