To maintain information management and communications control for the Nova Southeastern University Community, provide communications support to the NSU Campuses as well as the Student Educational Centers and assume responsibility for the detection and prevention of safety and security hazards. The position will also be responsible for centralized operation and monitoring of integrated access control system for: the NSU Main campus in Fort Lauderdale-Davie; Miami-Kendall Student Education Center; Orlando Student Educational Center; and the West Palm Beach-Palm Beach Gardens Student Education Center.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide surveillance of subjects for identification and determining the purpose of the individual through the use of electronic and video systems equipment:
a. Large multiple camera American/Sensormatic video surveillance system
b. NICE video and audio recording/monitoring system
c. C*CURE 8000 Access Control and Monitoring system
d. Returnity Lost & Found Property Management Database
e. CARD 54 Computer Aided Response Dispatch Database
f. EM Web electronic work order database
g. Microsoft Outlook Exchange email
h. Motorola Trunking Radio Frequency System
2. Field and disseminate information to city and county emergency services agencies regarding crimes, crisis situations and other requests for emergency services.
3. Monitor all burglar and fire alarm systems for all the main campus buildings and facilities and off campus sites using the C*CURE 800 Monitoring System as well as third part reporting from contract alarm monitoring stations. Communicates with and dispatches emergency fire rescue, police and EMS as necessary as well as dispatching NSU Public Safety personnel.
4. Ensure that all public safety and contract security officers are in service broadcasts orders to patrol officers.
5. Assist the training and investigations unit investigate crimes, complaints, access requests, transport escorts, pedestrian escorts and automotive escorts, alarm activations, vehicle services such as jumpstarts, lockouts and air for flat tires, also directs parking & traffic services officers for vehicle removal by towing, vehicle citations and illegally parked vehicles.
6. Coordinate emergency services and contract security response to incident locations as well as relaying radio and telephone messages between emergency agencies and the NSU Community. Relays instructions and/or questions from NSU campuses and Student Educational Centers contract security.
7. Record, store and review calls and maintains accurate records of logs, all radio transmissions, telephone calls both emergency and non-emergency and other records in the CARD 54 Dispatching database.
8. Responsible for the intake of lost & found property, entering the property into the Returnity database to reunite property with the owners.
9. Process and disseminate incident reports via electronic mail, scans them into backed-up network drive, indexes them by incident report numbers. Also enters the reports in the daily crime log and displays all the crime logs for the NSU Campuses and Student Educational Centers.
10. Prepare, inspect and evaluate facilities for potential security and safety deficiencies and follow up with action to repair or reorient these protective methods for the safety of University persons by completing and submitting necessary work orders to the University Locksmith, Health Professions Division Engineering and contact vendors.
11. Answer NSU's Public Safety emergency calls on recorded lines and serve as the primary dispatch of all NSU Main campus public safety and NSU Davie police personnel as well as emergency services including fire rescue and police when necessary. Also receives and dispatches calls for NSU off campus sites.
12. Actively monitor video systems for the main campus and conducts video surveillance patrols and supplemental investigations.
13. Place and monitor vendor/contract work orders for system maintenance and malfunctioning equipment.
14. Carry out preliminary investigative and summary tasks performed with the use of all available communications, monitoring and video systems.
15. Field all correspondence for information, access and contract security for the department.
16. Provide equipment logs and distributes radios, keys and other equipment for Public Safety, NSU Davie Police and contract security officers.
Marginal Job Functions:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
1. Have or obtain current Florida Driver License.
2. Have or obtain current Florida D-Security Officer License.
Nova Southeastern University - 4 years ago
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator,...