This posting serves as a location for applicants to express interest in a Seasonal Overnight Associate position in the greater New Orleans area. Applicants will be given the opportunity to express interest in specific locations at a later time.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Maintains merchandise presentation by stocking merchandise, setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays, removing damaged goods, signing and pricing merchandise appropriately, and securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise.
• Receives and stocks merchandise throughout the Facility, and organizes and maintains Facility by following Company procedures, utilizing equipment appropriately, merchandising, and completing paperwork, logs, and other required documentation.
• Maintains safety of Facility by following all safety standards, procedures, and guidelines including conducting safety sweeps, following proper forklift spotting procedures, following proper procedures for handling and disposing of hazardous materials, following Company steel standard guidelines, and correcting/reporting unsafe situations to Management.
• Maintains the Sales Floor in area of responsibility in accordance with Company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns, zoning the area, arranging and organizing merchandise, and identifying shrink and damages.
• Follows Company policies and procedures related to Freezer/Cooler area by complying with food handling policies, following Cold Chain procedures when stocking merchandise, cleaning freezer and cooler windows and spot boxes, and monitoring freezer and cooler fans, drains, and doors for proper operation, and reports issues to Management.
• Follows Company policies and procedures for the Grocery area by monitoring food/merchandise quality, product rotation, code dating, product recalls, and sanitation standards, correctly merchandising grocery categories, ensuring prominent display of promotional and seasonal merchandise, and stocking, zoning, and cleaning the Department.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
• Inventory - Handles, moves, and displays goods in safe and correct ways. Tracks goods, maintains in-stock levels, and controls shrinkage in a timely manner. Reports poor inventory practices and low in-stock levels in assigned area. Uses inventory tools and equipment in safe and correct ways.
• Stocking/Receiving - Follows proper procedures to prevent theft and loss when stocking, receiving, maintaining, and securing goods. Receives, stages, and delivers goods to appropriate areas throughout the Facility in a timely manner. Reports complaints and problems with products, services, and conditions in the Stocking/Receiving area. Uses stocking/receiving supplies and equipment in safe and correct ways.
• Judgment: Make Effective Choices - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-today decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
• Member Centered: Serve the Member - Shows care and concern when serving our associates and members. Asks questions in order to understand and meet associate and member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed associate and member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve associate and member requests.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position:
• Works overnight and on varying shifts as required.
Candidate must be 18+ to apply for the position.
Seasonal Overnight Associate - Greater New Orleans Area
KENNER NEW ORLEANS
Walmart Stores - 15 months ago
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...