The company is a publicly traded, global manufacturing conglomerate with a rich history. The company is profitable and growing with aggressive expansion plans for the future.
Are you a CPA with experience as a Controller, Assistant Controller, or Accounting Manager?
Are you a "multi-tasker" who thrives in a fast paced environment?
Are you a hands-on leader who can roll up your sleeves to get the job done?
If so, then we have a great opportunity with an established, profitable industry leader with over $40 million in annual revenues in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
As the Controller, you will be responsible for all aspects of the finance and accounting function, including:
- Being a key member of the executive management team
- Management reporting
- Management of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Accurate and timely completion of the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
- Drafting of technical accounting memos
- Compliance with various rules and regulations, including GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, Section 404
- Direction of credit and collection activities
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Coordination of the annual external audit
- Translation of foreign subsidiary financial statements
- Contracts review
- Evaluation of pricing and investment decisions
- Sales commission determination
- Leadership, mentoring, and coaching of assigned staff (9 direct and indirect reports)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems, along with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP is beneficial
- Must be a willing to "roll up one's sleeves" as this job is both a doer and manager roll
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
ZipRecruiter - 2 years ago
- 7 days ago
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- 9 days ago
- 3 days ago