The Surgical Tech is responsible for preparing the operating room for a sterile procedure including equipment and instrumentation. Act as a first assist to the surgeon during the assigned procedure and to ensure sterility is maintained throughout the procedure. The surgical tech is also responsible for reprocessing equipment, instrumentation, documentation of logs and cleaning the operating room.
Essential Functions - Duties & Responsibilities:
Tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sterile room setup for the surgical procedure.
- Scrubbing the surgical procedure with the surgeon.
- Cleaning the operating room at the start of every day.
- Cleaning operating rooms post-procedure and preparing the room for the next procedure.
- Cleaning instruments post-procedure and resterilizing instrumentation once cleaned.
- Suturing the incision closed.
- Continually completing OR logs and other necessary documentation post-procedure.
- Assists with and facilitates equipment repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Associates degree and completion of an accredited surgical technologist program.
- Completion of a 3 month extern program at a surgery center or hospital
- Works as a team player while being detail-oriented.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills and programs
- Must be organized and work efficiently under pressure
- Must be patient-focused and compassionate
Laser Spine Institute - 2 years ago
Laser Spine Institute…Stability, Growth & Employee Satisfaction
Help others discover a life without pain — work at Laser...