Intercommunity Action, (Interact) is a private, not for profit, health and human service agency that was established in 1969 to serve the needs of children, adolescents and adults in the Andorra, Roxborough, Manayunk, Wissahickonbl, East Falls and Nicetown neighborhoods of northwest Philadelphia . While many of Interac's services are still provided to individuals in these neighborhoods, Interac now serves residents of other parts of Philadelphia and the suburban counties, as well.
We are currently seeking a full-time Program Specialist for our Intellectual Disabilities division.
The Program Specialist assists day services' participants in becoming more independent in their vocational and daily living skills, thus increasing their independence in community living and potential for supported competitive employment.
We offer time benefits of :
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years experience with MR population or Associate's degree with 4 years experience with MR population.
- Willingness to implement the concept of normalization, least restrictive, environment, community based instruction, and community integrated employment.
- Interest in providing direct services to adults labeled as mentally retarded/developmentally disabled in a community integrated setting.
- Understanding of, and willingness and ability to work within an industrial environment.
- Ability to work a full shift.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 100 pounds, once trained in lifting techniques.
- Ability to provide a satisfactory physical examination that was performed within 12 months prior to employment and every 2 years thereafter.
- Certification in CPR, First Aid, and Fire Safety within timeframe designated by applicable regulations. Maintained certifications as current thereafter.
- Willingness and ability to use computers for participant documentation and training.
- Clearance in accordance with PA Acts 33 & 80.
15 vacation days a year 10 sick days a year 3 personal days 10 holidays 1 personal holiday.
We offer paid benefits of :
Health insurance (Aetna Choice, Aetna HMO, Aetna Point of Service 10, Opti-Choice Vision Insurance, United Concordia Dental Insurance, Aetna Dental Insurance) Life insurance (Death benefit of 1.5 times your annual salary, AD&D benefit of 3 times your annual salary up to $100,000) Short-term Disability (Provides you with 70% of your salaryfor up to 11 weeks if you are medically disabled because of a non-work related injury.) Long-term Disability (Provides you with 60% of your salary if you are disabled because of a non-work related injury for an extended period of time.) Pension plan (Interac contributes 6.5% of salary yearly if you work at least 975 hours.) Employee Assistance Program (Provides 3 free visits a year with a clinician for our employees and anyone living with them (not just family members).
Interac is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 17 months ago