SmithBucklin is seeking a President (Executive Director) to work closely with the Board of Directors and membership for our client, the prestigious International Stability Operations Association (ISOA).
The ideal candidate will be a versatile business executive and possess a broad understanding of the stability operations domain including the ability to provide thought leadership and advancement of ethical standards for firms active in the stability operations industry. The individual will engage in constructive dialogue and advocacy with civil and military constituents, and policy-makers in the international affairs community about the growing and positive contribution of these firms to the enhancement of world peace, development, and human security. The incumbent will also demonstrate a track record of strong business growth, leadership and operational skills that will lead to aggressive growth for ISOA.
Consider this -SmithBucklin client organization association executives run some of the most admired trade organizations in the country. They are entrepreneurial in their thinking, yet pragmatic in both the turnaround and growth of their client organizations. Managing critical issues such as membership growth, Board leadership development, diversification of organization revenues, attracting new volunteer leaders and overall financial performance is what excites SmithBucklin executives every day. If you share this excitement and have a history of building, growing and running a business or association, then we would like to hear from you.
Make a difference -SmithBucklin association executives are the agents of change-helping client organizations grow their membership, establish or maintain financial health and are recognized leaders in their respective industries. Now you can be a critical part of the SmithBucklin team. We are looking for high energy, high achieving executives that not only can bring strategic, financial, operational, marketing and talent development skills to our client organizations, but are also able to contribute internally to the overall growth of the Business Trade Industry Practice within SmithBucklin.
Take action - this opportunity will allow you to take your business acumen, leadership, political savvy and strategy skills to the next level. If you have 10-15 years of experience successfully growing a business and understand the challenges facing the global stability operations industry then take the next step by applying online.
Who we are: SmithBucklin is a professional services company specializing in association management. We are the world's largest association management company, founded in 1949. The company provides full-service management and high-impact specialized services to trade associations, professional societies, technology user groups, corporations, government institutes/agencies and other nonprofit organizations. SmithBucklin's mission is to drive growth for its client organizations and provide uncompromised stewardship for their long-term prosperity. SmithBucklin offices are located in Chicago, IL, Washington, DC, Old Lyme, CT, Bethesda, MD, St. Louis, MO, Buffalo Grove, IL and St. Paul, MN. SmithBucklin is 100 percent employee-owned.
- Executive management experience including demonstrated success leading the growth of an organization, serving as an industry spokesperson and holding an executive leadership role with Board accountability
- Strong executive presence and professional network (ideally in the military, diplomatic, development and legislative communities)
- Public policy, legislative and or advocacy experience
- Developing and executing strategic and operations plans, financial management and budgeting experience; Managing operations, programs and projects
- Managing communications for public relations, advocacy, education, conferences and networking activities
- Leading and developing staff and volunteers
- Business development skills, particularly the ability to sell prospective members on joining the association and financial sponsorship of association offerings
- Client relationship management.
- Previous trade association, association management, not-for-profit or foundation experience
- Experience as a board member and/or experience in a role with high level of accountability to a volunteer board
- No issues with frequent travel
Business Trade associations represent the majority of SmithBucklin's client organizations. Our Business Trade Industry Practice provides full-service management to a mix of 47 trade associations and professional societies operating within the business sectors of manufacturing, wholesale trade, retail trade, distribution, agriculture, education, financial, business to business and consumer services with both local and international chapters. Our Business Trade staff teams help associations create value for the members by delivering strategy and thought leadership, member value creation, networking opportunities, commerce solutions, education and certification, advocacy and promotion and setting industry standards. SmithBucklin's Business Trade Industry Practice collectively manages $70 million dollars in client organization budgets and serves more than 180,000 members.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/D
SmithBucklin - 2 years ago
Our people make a meaningful difference in a wide range of diverse industries and professions, helping our client organizations achieve...