Retail Sales - Cosmetics - MAC - Houston Galleria
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for skilled salespeople to assist customers with hands-on make-up application, skin care and fragrance selections.
From attentive salespeople to meticulous tailors and innovative merchants, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join a Nordstrom Store, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
Nordstrom currently has a Resident Artist opening in our Cosmetics and Fragrances departments. The ideal candidate is motivated and enjoys working one-on-one with customers. If you share our love for the customers we serve, the merchandise we sell and the work we do, this is a place for you to build a rewarding career.
- Greet customers in a timely, professional and engaging manner
- Provide honest and confident feedback to customers regarding products
- Build lasting relationships with customers by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new products and invite them to upcoming events
- Plan, prepare and execute events and promotions to increase volume and profitability
- Assist your Department Manager in developing employees with produce knowledge skills
- Collaborate with the Department Manager and merchandising team to ensure that the customer received the finest in fit, quality, value and selection
- Assist the Department Manager to complete all inventory processes accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist the Department Manager in ensuring the aesthetic and functional display of merchandise to maximize sales
- Assist the Department Manager in ensuring all direct-to-customer processes are complete on a daily basis
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and coworkers
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about cosmetic trends
- Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Cosmetics artistry experience a plus
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to
magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Retail Sales - Cosmetics
Nordstrom - 20 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...