Independently or within a team design, develop, test and implement solutions using commercial software integration and custom applications that meet the business needs of ACT. May provide technical direction to a small group of developers on projects.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Design, develop and maintain software solutions for various ACT products.
- Analyze system requirements and provide recommendations for alternative business approaches to business analysts. Advance agreed-upon requirements into solution designs that incorporate commercial software and, as needed, custom components.
- Recommend new and revisions to standards.
- Author design documents using standard templates and design processes.
- Conduct quality review of design documents prepared by others.
- Create and execute unit tests to assure software quality.
- Apply software engineering principles to the development of applications.
- Provide production support as needed.
- Develop general awareness of the ACT business and the technologies that enable it.
- Work with functional testing to create and maintain testing plans and quality control procedures.
- Identify potential policy issues in the design of programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of software and programming tools used at ACT.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with users regarding their program requirements, design and technical support.
- Provide project time and task estimates.
- Troubleshoot application for errors.
- Train and mentor other analysts and engineers.
- Participate in product demonstrations.
- Conduct technical briefing sessions to peer communities within ACT.
Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Completion of the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is recommended. Find a test site near you to register for the WorkKeys assessments. Finalists for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in people and ideas. ACT participates in E-Verify . ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.