Job Title: Produce Department Manager
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports To: Store Director/Produce Department Director
Responsible for working closely with all Produce associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and associates’ needs are being met. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of Produce department operations, to include but not limited to: labor, expenses, accurate pricing, stock levels, merchandising, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads, coaches, teaches and reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Produce associates.
2. Ensures all department standards are being met in the Produce department.
- Maintains adequate staff levels by interviewing applicants and extending job offers
- Trains new Produce associates
- Finalizes and approves weekly work schedule for Produce associates
- Writes and conducts performance reviews of Produce associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Produce associates and conducts appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Produce department associates
3. Provides customer service to guests.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Produce Director, other Department Managers and Produce associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
4. Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for on sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
5. Develops Assistant Department Manager and/or Department Leads to prepare for advancement opportunities.
6. Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Five to seven years preferred with two years in a key leadership position
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, cutter, proper lifting techniques, proper scanning technique, hand truck, trash compactor.
Working conditions consist of occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee have the ability to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the employee to lift up to 80 pounds on an occasional basis.
Festival Foods - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission!
Festival Foods employs more than 4,700 associates who serve...