Great food and great careers – this is what Performance Food Group brings to the table. PFG is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, with more than 66,000 national and private label products that we market and distribute both nationally and in 40 foreign countries. If you’re ready to set your career in motion, it all starts now with a company that really delivers!
The Fleet Mechanic position will perform the following duties:
• Performs all preventive maintenance and mechanic work on all company trucks and trailers in order to minimize the effect on deliveries.
• Performs oil changes when necessary
• Lubricates chassis, trans, wheel hubs, rear axles, and 5th wheels
• Checks the batteries on tractor and trailers
• Checks and replaces belts as necessary
• Checks and replaces brake shoes as necessary
• Checks and replaces wheel bearings as necessary
• Checks and replaces clutches as necessary
• Checks for electrical problems
• Maintains anti-freeze as needed
• Replaces starters, alternators and generators
• Performs additional duties as assigned
• Works always in a safe manner
Performance Food Group is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Vistar - 17 months ago