Viacom Media Networks is seeking a full-time Senior Systems Engineer to work out of our Santa Monica office for the Internet Systems Group. The Internet Systems Group supports the infrastructure for Viacom Media Networks Online properties, and is responsible for the provisioning, configuration, and monitoring of systems and the applications, which run on them, as well as troubleshooting problems within the environment.
• Proactive individual with experience working in a fast paced, large Web Hosting environment. Linux (CentOS/RedHat preferred)
• Regularly meet with other technical groups such as Development, DBAs, and Networking to ensure that business requirements are met by using standard technologies and processes wherever possible.
• Provides third-level support for the online properties
• Will join the on-call rotation, where they will occasionally provide support outside of regularly scheduled business hours in addition to their assigned shift.
• MSWindows (Server 2008)
• Large scale configuration management (Major plus for Puppet experience)
• RPM Building
• Java Application Servers (JBoss)
• Advanced scripting ability (Bash, Perl preferred)
• Xen/KVM/VMware Virtualization
• B.S. Degee in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
• 5 to 7 years minimum UNIX/Linux experience or equivalent work experience in a fast paced, large Web Hosting environment
• Experience with supporting major online applications that are built to scale to support flash crowds
• Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
• Experience working directly with development teams to architect scalable and secure infrastructure solutions
• Experience creating strong systems and process documentation
• Systems metric gathering and automated systems monitoring using tools such as Nagios and Cacti
• Proficiency with the use of compute cloud management tools (EC2 and other major providers) is a plus
• Experience building private clouds a major plus
• Familiarity with ITIL framework and methodology.
Viacom - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard