As a System Engineer, you will be part of a talented team that manages, builds, and maintains Twitter’s data centers. Your focus will be to build scalable quality control solutions and processes on a large scale.
You will work with software engineering teams to lead solutions that manage the full lifecycle of servers, to improve and create the sustaining framework and process where system issues are identified, monitored by automated tools, and displayed on dashboards. You will also work with the hardware design team to ensure reliability through system burn-in, hardware and software quality tests. The key to success is improving efficiency and productivity to maintain the highest quality fleet.
Your system engineering expertise to troubleshoot Linux kernels, drivers, system bios, firmware issues, debug and to give root cause analysis, will help you to complete your daily tasks.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent 5+ years professional experience in software and system engineering.
- Experience in delivering large-scale system software development products.
- Good understanding of OS concepts and internals with Linux, UNIX, BSD and Centos / Redhat.
- Proficient in the following programming languages: Python, Bash
- Strong verbal and written communication
Twitter - 12 months ago
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...