Environmental Team Leader, Geismar-1203090
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
BASF, “The Chemical Company” is seeking exceptional candidates for a Louisiana Hub Environmental Team Leader position. This leadership position is located in Geismar, La. BASF's Geismar site is a multi-business integrated chemical production site, and is experiencing dynamic growth. The site is located on 2500 acres and employs approximately 1500 people including contractors. The extensive regulatory requirements create a challenge to achieve, maintain and enhance world class EHS performance.
The selected individual will supervise a team of Environmental Professionals and oversee overall environmental program management for the Geismar, Louisiana site as well as supervision of professionals with oversight of the EHS programs at two additional BASF sites in Louisiana. The selected individual will report to the Louisiana Hub EHS Director. Under the hub structure, they will have indirect interaction with other sites in the Louisiana Hub, which is a group of sites supported under BASF’s shared services platform. They will also interact with EHS experts and professionals who support all of BASF’s North American sites and businesses.
Principal Responsibilities –
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Provide leadership and direct support to coordinate and implement assigned Environmental programs, projects and other compliance activities at the Geismar site.
- Participate in the extended environmental expert team, and represent BASF on the Louisiana Chemical Association Environmental Committee.
- Facilitate the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices within the Louisiana EHS Hub, and across BASF’s North America Region.
- Coordinate with the BASF’s EHS Centers of Expertise on development of processes and initiatives to ensure continuous improvement.
- Lead / support efforts to optimize effectiveness and efficiency of EHS programs.
- Support implementation of Responsible Care© Management Systems, including BASF standardized EHS processes.
- Implement systems to identify and monitor key performance indicators within area of responsibility and adjust resources and programs as needed to improve Environmental performance.
- Supervise assigned Environmental staff to meet Environmental performance goals within area of responsibilities; participate in assessing staff performance and in fostering their professional development.
- Assist Hub Director in the development of effective working relationships with Site Management and employees, EHS Community, Manufacturing, Engineering, Legal, and EHS regulatory agencies.
- Interface with regulatory agencies, third parties, and other stakeholders as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues. Foster an atmosphere with LDEQ regulators that represents BASF as a responsible member on the regulated community.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science, required
- Minimum of 10 years experience implementing Environmental programs, required
- 2 or more years experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment, required
- Extensive Environmental regulatory and technical expertise, required
- Knowledge of Title V Air Permits and regulatory programs/policies including MACT, RCRA, NPDES, PSD, NAAQS and Non-Attainment air policies is needed
- Knowledge of Louisiana Environmental regulatory requirements is a plus
- Supervisory experience is desirable
- Excellent skills related to written/verbal communication, team leadership,, coaching, entrepreneurship, results orientation, strategic thinking and influencing/persuasiveness
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence corporate and site leadership, elected officials and regulatory agencies, non-governmental organizations and community leaders/representatives
Function: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NTU-Environment, Health & Safety
BASF - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...