Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for the forestry, lawn and garden, and outdoor power equipment sectors, and is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. Blount sells its products in more than 100 countries around the world.
Founded in 1957, the SpeeCo Division of Blount International is the North American market leader in the manufacturing of log splitters and a leading distributor of parts and accessories to farm, ranch, and related markets, currently has an opening for a Design Engineer .
Plans, conducts, and implements product research, prototyping, testing and development to create superior designs of new and/or upgraded products for the most difficult, complex and highest impact product designs. During the design phase, works closely with a wide variety of internal and external customers to define, meet or exceed design parameters. Performs extensive engineering design analyses to determine appropriate targets and tolerances for product specifications. Coordinates the work of Engineers, Technicians, and other support personnel and interacts with marketing, accounting, purchasing, manufacturing, and suppliers/customers during the product development and implementation phase.
Develops and implements corrective actions for miscellaneous product design related issues that affect production downtime, loss of or low efficiency, or quality deviations. Dispositions deviating product, specifically in regard to product function. Provides technical support for Customer Service, Marketing & Sales.
Identifies technological sources of information and areas of opportunity for new product direction. Formulates and recommends technical direction for the division/product line.
- Strong knowledge of product manufacturing processes including metallurgy, castings, forging, machining, materials processing, rolling, forming, welding and heat treating
- Strong knowledge of materials analysis including chemical compositions, hardness testing, fatigue testing, microstructure, surface treatments, and heat treatments
- Demonstrated innovative thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated decision making and team skills
- Conceptual understanding of the design of farm, ranch, or agricultural products, or; other hard goods is desired
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and comfortable with change management concepts
- Exe cellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of handling high workloads in a dynamic work environment
- Solid understanding of mechanical systems and manufacturing processes
- Proven proficiency required with FMEA, prototype and production control plans, PPAP process, root cause and corrective action processes, etc.
- Solid modeling CAD skills, PDM Works, Solidworks is preferred
- Core competencies: Demonstrated skills in continuous learning, flexibility, customer focus, quality commitment and good relationships are required
- PC literate (MS Word, Excel, E-Mail)
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, or; equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant metal hardgoods product design experience, including exposure to and proficiency in multiple engineering disciplines or industries or product categories
- Experience in a product development role in an ISO certified organization is preferred
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Excellent 401(k) plan with company match
- Medical, dental
- Company paid Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Educational Aid reimbursement program
- Opportunities for career advancement and personal growth
- Credit Union
- Employee Assistance Program
Blount International - 23 months ago
Folks at Blount International have their work cut out for them. The manufacturer produces cutting chain, guide bars, sprockets, and...