Responsible for assisting the dentist(s) and the dental hygienist(s) in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients at the clinic. The Registered Dental Assistant is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
1. Serves as dentists or dental hygienist’s chair-side assistant.
2. Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist or dental hygienist.
3. Prepares operation procedures for patient treatment as per Dental Department protocols and the dentist’s or dental hygienist’s directions.
4. Exposes and develops dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law, as well as Dental Department directive’s and protocols.
5. Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation, law, and Dental Department directive’s and protocols.
6. Maintains all Dental Department equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s directions and Dental Department policy and protocol.
7. Maintains adequate operation supplies and complies a list of individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering purposes.
8. Maintains a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors patient flow, and assists the Dental Director, dentist(s), and dental hygienist(s), in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed and filed.
9. Pulls and files patient charts as required.
10. Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business and patient care of the Dental Department.
11. Assists with various clinical and administrative functions for the clinic as appropriate and time permits.
12. Insures the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and equipment in accordance with Dental Department directive’s and protocol’s.
13. Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department directive’s, clinic policy, as well as state and federal regulations.
14. Participates in appropriate health promotion / disease prevention activities, both on-site and off-site as required. 15. Travels when necessary to meet operational needs.
16. As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
17. Responsible for personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, clinic rules, regulations, protocols, and procedures including but not limited to the participation of a Dental Assistant in the provision of clinical dental care. This would also include those relating to, but not limited to personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
18. Utilizes time in a constructive and efficient manner by assisting in such duties as restocking rooms/shelves/trays, checking supplies, and ensuring that all areas (i.e. exam rooms are clean and orderly).
19. Demonstrates basic Knowledge of Infection & Exposure control and sterile techniques through pre-employment and annual competency assessments for a dental practice.
20. Maintains Dental Department compliance, relative to Infection & Exposure Control and safety, as required by local, State, and Federal guidelines, Dental Department directive’s and protocol’s, and clinic policies and procedures.
1. High School diploma or GED certificate. 2. Current CPR (BLS) required. 3. Completion of accredited course in dental assisting. 4. Credential as a Registered Dental Assistant
AltaMed Health Services Corporation - 11 months ago
We promote a comprehensive continuum of care, assisting individuals and their families from birth through the senior years, regardless of ab...