Job Number 1259618 Business GE Technology Infrastructure Business Segment Technology Infrastructure - Healthcare About Us GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.
Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employs more than 46,000 people committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at www.gehealthcare.com. Posted Position Title System Engineer Career Level Experienced Function Engineering/Technology Function Segment Product Design and Development Location United States Relocation Expenses None Essential Responsibilities Build your career and experience the advantages that come with working for the “World’s Most Admired Company” (Fortune Magazine) offering significant opportunities for growth and career advancement! As part of the eCommerce Systems Engineering Team you will have the opportunity to work with the latest hardware technologies, operating systems, databases and web technologies. The essential function will be working closely with interdepartmental groups of engineers with focus on deployment and support of the Revenue Cycle Management product. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of Windows 2000/2003, VMWare, Citrix, and Unix (HP-UX, RHEL preferred).
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing front line support, working with our customers and team Engineers in resolving issues and requests.
- Working in cross-functional project teams that include Development, Quality Assurance, and Application Support.
- Configuration and maintenance of production and staging environments as needed.
- Communicate directly with team members/end users to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Coordinate and perform system and application upgrades.
- Work with other team members to continually improve our delivery and processes.
- Limited travel may be required. Qualifications/Requirements * Bachelors Degree in CS or EE or 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum 1-year hands-on experience as a Systems Engineer.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Must be willing to submit to and successfully pass a drug test
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must submit your resume through gecareers.com or a job board to be considered for a specific job opening Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Desired Characteristics Candidates in Burlington, VT; Plano, TX; or Hillsboro, OR
- Experience with Unix, preferably HP-UX and Microsoft Windows Server 200/2003.
- Experience with Citrix Presentation Server, Access Gateway and Password Manager.
- Experience with VMWare ESX and Consolidated Backup.
- Developing technical and project leadership skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Organized with ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Healthcare information security best practices including HIPPA and EHNAC.
- Industry standard certification.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to quickly absorb new changes in computer technologies is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks as well as attention to details is necessary.