Superintendent of Schools
February 4, 2011
Region 5 Field Services will be conducting the search for Hamshire-Fannett ISD’s new superintendent. The search consultant is Dr. Danny Lovett, Assoc. Executive Director, Field Services
Hamshire-Fannett ISD is an Exemplary 3A district that encompasses the communities of Cheek, Fannett, Hamshire, and LaBelle. There are approximately 1800 students attending Hamshire-Fannett High, Middle, Intermediate, and Elementary Schools. An excellent education is made possible for our students through the efforts of over 250 administrators, counselors, teachers, aides, secretaries, health professionals, bus drivers, maintenance and custodial workers, and food service workers. Hamshire-Fannett ISD is served by the Region 5 Education Service Center and is a member of the Gulf Coast Special Education Coop.
Qualifications:Qualifications: The district seeks a candidate who has:
1. a valid Texas Superintendent Certification.
2. at least five years classroom teaching experience and a successful tenure as a campus-level principal and/or central office administrator.
3. a working knowledge of budgeting and Chapter 42 public school finance and understands the importance of being fiscally conservative.
4. demonstrated strong skills in educational leadership.
5. a strong background in student performance success.
6. integrity and exemplary moral character along with excellent people skills.
7. shown maturity, stability and willingness to stay in a district for five or more years.
8. the desire and ability to work with others.
9. an understanding of rural student and school needs, along with the skill to build consensus in a multi-community school district.
10. a strong desire to be a part of our communities and the willingness to be present at extra-curricular and community events.
11. high expectations for Hamshire-Fannett ISD students, faculty, and staff, and the desire to take a great school and make it even better.
Base salary of $105,000 – $120,000
Benefits and contract commensurate with experience and regional ranges.
Moving Expenses: Moving expenses may be negotiated.
How To Apply:
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume that includes a complete work history, educational background, list of all relevant certifications, a complete transcript, and a minimum of eight (8) references. References should include addresses, job description, and a daytime phone number.
Application packets should be mailed to:
Region 5 ESC
Attn: Dr. Danny Lovett
2295 Delaware Street
Beaumont, TX 77703
All inquiries should be directed to Dr. Lovett.
Texas Association of School Administrators - 3 years ago