Honeywell Aerospace SBG (Strategic Business Group) has 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries. We serve thousands of customers in about 100 countries worldwide.
Engineering Operations provides best-in-class, world-wide capability and support to enable the delivery of responsive, high-performance technology, products, and services that meet our customer needs and distinguish us among our competitors.
A unique and challenging opportunity exists in Engine Performance Department for a bright and ambitious recent college graduate. In this position the successful candidate will grow and develop responsibilities for gas turbine engine modeling, data reduction, cycle definition and analysis, engine diagnostic evaluation, gas turbine engine and flight test planning and support, system integration and partner/customer coordination and engine production/sales support.
- Interaction with numerous areas of Engineering to ensure a systems approach to gas turbine engine performance development.
- Supports the engineering enterprises by identifying, negotiating, and coordinating performance design and integration strategies and methodologies to minimize cost exposure, meet program schedules, and meet technical requirements.
- Articulate key performance issues and results within Honeywell and with external customers.
- Support cross-functional system teams within Engineering, other Honeywell SBU's and customers.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Due to ITAR restrictions must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident of the US.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
- Masters of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Preferred Course Experience: Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Propulsion or Advanced Thermo, Aerodynamics, or C / or MATLAB, Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Experience with Matlab a plus
- Prior Greenbelt or Blackbelt training and/or Minitab experience a plus
- Successful candidates are expected to have effective communication skills (verbal, written and listening), a strong sense of teamwork and diversity, maintain customer focus and demonstrate an ability to drive projects to completion with positive results.
- Ability to multitask
Honeywell - 13 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...