Our client, a strategic IT consulting and management firm, seeks a talented Senior Software Engineer with expertise in web technologies, Ruby on Rails, and API development to join their highly skilled software engineering team.
The ideal candidate will possess:
The company’s toolchain is pragmatic, but focused on:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience developing complex Ruby or Rails-based applications and HTTP/REST-based APIs
- Working knowledge of relational data stores (ie: MySQL or Postgres)
- Firm grasp on object-oriented programming concepts, algorithms, and data structures
- Strong interdisciplinary domain-modeling experience
- Familiarity with full lifecycle application development
- Functional knowledge of git-based workflows
- Fluency with strategies at multiple levels (request, data access, DB) a plus
- Familiarity with message technologies such as AMQP (RabbitMQ) and intergration into web technologies desired but not required
- Service-oriented architecture: producer and consumer of internal APIs
- Test-driven development: rpsec, factory_girls, guard, spork
The Woods Group - 2 years ago
The Woods Group is an executive search firm, focusing on positions in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, as well as nationwide.