As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Skill Level 2: The Level 2 Technical Writer shall be able to do all of the indicated tasks of a Level 1 plus all of the following indicated tasks:
• Under general direction, responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
• Applies concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
• Produces defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems.
• Interprets engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures and to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information.
• Researches highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
• Produces technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies.
• Applies technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products.
A Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional technical writing experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree.
Level 2 Qualifications: Six (6) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Technical Operations (TechOps)
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 2 years ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...