We are currently looking for a facilities engineer to support our ongoing project and maintenance work within Marathons Bakken asset in Western North Dakota. This job will be located out of our New Town North Dakota office.
The successful candidate for this job will be responsible for the design and implementation of a variety operations support and retrofit projects on existing well sites within the Bakken. This person should have experience performing maintenance and project work in and around live facilities. Familiarity with mechanical, electrical and process based systems will be beneficial for this job. This person should be comfortable working in both office and field based environments. A background in upstream oil and gas or downstream petrochemical industries would be helpful in this role.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company’s operations are located in North America, Europe and Africa.
- Set clear HES performance expectations and ensure all Marathon Oil HES policies and procedures are understood and maintained within area of responsibility.
- Promote a positive and constructive workplace. Interact with other team members in a manner that will help build respect and achieve set goals. Mentor less senior members of the team.
- Initiate action that will enhance the operation's safety and environmental record. Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and plans along with federal, state and local regulations.
- Perform design and planning work for a variety of projects within the asset. Examples of work include, but aren’t limited to:
- Field wide change out of emissions control devices
- Permitting and construction of salt water disposal facilities
- Instillation and field testing of VRU’s (vapor recovery units)
- Apply project management processes for a wide variety of projects, able to gain competency in the use of:
- Project management processes, tools, and deliverables
- Cost and schedule estimation/control and construction planning
- Regular communication/reporting to the project sponsor, project stakeholders, peers in the field operation location, and upstream developments
- Identify additional projects and efforts that can bring value to the asset through reduced operations costs or increased productivity.
- Take a lead role in documentation of any management of change efforts related to their projects.
- Trial equipment on existing locations for future use in new facilities designs.
- Assist the operations group when necessary to bring clarity and best practices to operating procedures on existing and new facilities.
- Support on process or mechanical related incident investigations and failure analysis projects related to surface facilities.
- Create and manage budgets associated with their projects and others from a capital and expense planning cycle perspective.
Degree Required : BS in Engineering
Major Discipline Required : Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical engineering
Years Experience Required : Minimum of five years
Skills Required : Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Knowledge of MS Projects and HYSY preferred.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...