OT - Pool for Rhodes Rehab
The John J. Rhodes Rehabilitation Center is an acute inpatient rehabilitation program at Banner Baywood Medical Center that has served the metro Phoenix area since 1983.
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome Neuropathy
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Injury
- Polyarthritis (including Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Major Multiple Trauma
About Banner Baywood Medical Center
Recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals, Banner Baywood Medical Center is a 332-bed hospital serving the health care needs of the dynamic and growing East Valley communities of metro Phoenix, Ariz., including Mesa, Gilbert, Apache Junction, Queen Creek and Fountain Hills. We provide complete acute care services including oncology, women's health, rehabilitation, emergency medicine, surgery and a nationally recognized Primary Stroke Center. A strong focus at Banner Baywood is orthopedics. Dedicated to joint replacement procedures, our orthopedic unit is recognized as one of the Top 100 Orthopaedic Programs in the U.S. by The Health Network and HCIA, Inc. Banner Baywood also offers state-of-the-art technology including: iCare – an extra layer of monitoring in intensive-care units, robotic surgery, electronic medical records, a system designed to reduce complications during labor and delivery and a 10,000 square-foot, on-site childcare center.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for the evaluation, planning, administration and supervision of Occupational Therapy treatment in accordance with physician referral, state and local organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Evaluates patient's functional abilities and limitations. Determines if intervention is needed. Establishes a plan of care and treatment goals. Completes comprehensive evaluation within the established time frame set by the department. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Establishes treatment goals that are functional, measurable, patient related and reflect the key limiting factors. Collaborates with patient and family/caregiver when setting goal Initiates discharge planning. Recommends additions to or modifications of referring orders.
- Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Assesses ongoing effectiveness of treatment and modifies plan of care as indicated. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
- Documents according to standards set by the department and regulatory agencies. Documents legibly. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents innovative and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects comprehensive assessment of patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies
- Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates evaluation/treatment results and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver, co-workers and the interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Accepts responsibility to contact physicians for routine or difficult problem solving to ensure optimal patient outcome. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature
- Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate direction and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. direction and delegation of the COTA, Therapy Technician and student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
- Department operational activities. Participates in department/facility process improvements. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
Must have successfully completed the academic requirements of an educational program in occupational therapy approved by the appropriate governing board. Must possess a current Occupational Therapy license from the State of practice. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting and experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Occupational Therapist in the specialty area.
Current license from state of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job. Demonstrates through behaviors and answers to job related experiential questions. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting and experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Occupational Therapist in the specialty area.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 2 years ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.