Temporary Security Services Officer
The Security Services Officer will support all aspects of Diageo USVI’s Security Operations; to include personnel security (PERSEC), operations security (OPSEC), communications security (COMSEC), and industrial security. Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary security and crime prevention strategies utilized by successful, best practice based security programs is required.
- Reports to the Security Services Chief and assists with security and safety requirements as developed by the Security Services Chief.
- Ensures consistent delivery of superlative employee and guest security services and communicates with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provides the initial response to all incidents of a Police, Fire or Medical nature and acts accordingly within the scope of duties as a Security Officer.
- Proactively, quickly and in consultation with the Security Services Chief intervenes to address matters of overall security and protection of Diageo USVI, its assets, employees, contactors and visitors.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Maintains a uniformed security presence at specified company interests.
- Manages entry and exit control points at designated properties.
- Monitors front desk and proprietary monitoring stations such as, but not limited to, fire alarm panels and CCTV security surveillance systems.
- Conducts safety inspections of assigned posts, fire safety equipment as directed by policy and established procedure.
- Maintains individual Security activity records, checklists and logs.
- Writes detailed and accurate incident reports as required using computer skills and emails.
- Performs lost and found inventory control tasks.
- Performs traffic control and parking enforcement duties as required.
- Responds to any security related complaints and takes appropriate actions.
- Performs badge and key control and other accounting duties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HS/GED required. Associates or higher is preferred.
- Must have three years experience in either the Military, Criminal Justice Field, Security or a combination thereof.
- Must have a valid US Virgin Islands Driver’s License or be able to obtain one by start date.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as: safety rules, operational and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and write in English clearly in order to communicate with employees, contractors, and guests.
- Demonstrated commitment to security and safety.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
Applicants selected will be subject to a Background Investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for a TWIC.
Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and appropriate Medical and Fitness Testing.
The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment, drug and alcohol testing and job appropriate medical and fitness testing.
Pinnacle Services - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard