Sabre is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Our innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, Sabre is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work in a company that at number 26 is the top ranked company in the Dallas Fort Worth area on the InformationWeek Top 500 Leading U.S. Users of Business Technology. Here at Sabre we develop world class technology solutions for the travel industry that have advanced infrastructure systems at their core.
Reporting to the Global Operations Managers, the System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The Global Operations Team is responsible for the Development & Production Environments which house Solaris, Linux and Windows servers. The environments consist of 2,000 physical servers & 3000 Virtual servers across two local Data Centers.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Improve and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Investigate and troubleshoot service tickets raised from HP Service Manager.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities Configure / add new services as necessary
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
THE SABRE HOLDINGS PORTFOLIO OF COMPANIES includes Travelocity, Sabre Travel Network, Sabre Airline Solutions and Sabre Hospitality Solutions. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, Sabre Holdings has approximately 10,000 employees in 60 countries. Our people take initiative, are resourceful and innovative, and are passionate about what they do. In return for their hard work and dedication, Sabre Holdings provides our employees with countless learning and growth opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a fun, yet productive, work environment.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in UNIX and Microsoft.
- 2-3 year’s System administration experience.
- Experience with VMware.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff in difficult or conflictive situations.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
- Experience in data center operations
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre!
Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is used by more...