The Staff Accountant will work in multiple areas of accounting, to potentially including tax, internal audit (SOX), financial analysis or project specific work. This is a great opportunity for gaining a breadth of experience. Long term, the role will specialize within one of the accounting areas.
This position could be based in either Waynesboro or Richmond.
Assist accounting functions and conduct project work in a wide range of areas, including:
- State and local tax compliance
- Internal Auditing (SOX)
- Financial reconciliations
- Variance analysis
- Inventory accounting analysis and research
- Journal entry preparation and analysis
- Treasury operations support
- Payroll operations
- A/P and A/R support
- Bachelor’s in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience with general accounting (public accounting / Big 4 exp. preferred)
- Experience with corporate taxes or internal auditing (SOX) preferred
- CPA preferred
- Excellent technical skills with Excel and enterprise general ledger systems (JDEdwards a plus)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analysis skills
- An ability to work autonomously with ambiguous instructions
nTelos Wireless is a leading provider of wireless communications services to consumers and businesses in select areas of Virginia, West...